Postoperative Shoulder Rehabilitation
These are guidelines for physiotherapists only. You can download a PDF copy of these guidelines or alternatively use this website as the latest up to date source of information.
These guidelines are not a substitute for professional medical advice and should be used in conjunction with verbal information and treatment given.
All patients are advised to consult their physiotherapist or clinician before using these guidelines.
Physiotherapists are advised to obtain operation details from the ward staff as operation notes may include an alteration to the standard guidelines dependent on the surgery performed.
Physiotherapists are advised to contact Mr Campbell Hand, Debbie Prince or Joanna Spencer if any concerns.
Click on the links below to read the guidelines for individual procedures:
- Arthroscopic Sub-Acromial Decompression
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression + Arthroscopic Excision of Distal Clavicle (ACJt resection)
- Anterior Stabilisation (open or arthroscopic)
- SLAP repair – arthroscopic
- Acromio Clavicular Joint Reconstruction / Weaver-Dunn procedure or Nottingham Surgilig
- Anatomical Shoulder arthroplasty – Hemi arthroplasty (HA) or Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR)
- Arthroscopic Capsular Release and MUA of Frozen Shoulder
- ORIF Clavicle / Hook Plate Clavicle
- ORIF proximal humeral fractures – (Proximal Humeral Locking Plate)
- ORTHO SPACE (In space Implantation)
- Physiotherapy Protocol for REVERSE Total Shoulder Replacement